Industrial Knives, Shears and Liners
- The company was founded in 1933 by Angelo Romani near Milan, as a manufacturer of shears for cutting paper and wood. In the post-war years, during the economic boom, Romani started to produce blades for cutting ferrous materials and, in the early 80’s, hardened guideways for machine tools.
- In the 90’s Romani acquired other small companies that specialized in the production of blades, bending tools, circular tools and heat treatment technology thus integrating the product range and forming the Romani Group.
- In the early 2000s, Romani began production of hardened liners and wear plates for rolling stands, allowing Romani to gradually become a consolidated partner of major OEMs and worldwide steel producers. Romani only produces non-cladded liners for mill applications.
- SMS SIEMAG ; OEM
- Danieli; OEM
- CFHI China; OEM
- Primetals technologies; OEM
- Ilva Taranto, Italy; PM,
- Arvedi Italy; ESP Mill
- Thyssenkrupp Germany; HSM
- Salzgitter Germany; HSM
- Evraz Steel, Canada; HSM
- Arcelor Mittal
- Eisenhuttestadt, Ger; HSM
- Arcelor Mittal Gent, Belgium; HSM
- Arcelor Mittal Florange, France; HSM;
- Arcelor Mittal Tubarao, Brasil
- ArcelorMittal Valin Steel, China; HSM, CRM
- OMK Vyksa, Russia; PM, HSM
- MMK Russia; HSM, PM
- SSAB Emea, Sweden;PM
- SANDVIK, Sweden; SSC
- OUTOKUMPU Stainless, Sweden; SP
- OUTOKUMPU Spa, ITA; SSC
- Boutou China; HSM
- Bengang China; HSM
- Rizhao Steel; HSM, CRM
- Benxi Iron&Steel; HSM, PM, CRM
- Ezz Steel Egypt; HSM
- Bao Steel China; HSM
- Toscelik Turkey; Tube Mill
- Erdemir, Turkey HSM, PM, CRM
- Isdemir, Turkey HSM
- Essar Steel, India; HSM, PM
- JSW Dolvi, India; CSP
JSW Bellary, India HSM, CRM, BRM
- SAIL Bhilai Steel – India PM
- Bhushan Steel Itd, India HSM
- Tata steel, India HSM
- USS Steel Kosice, Slovakia;HSM, CRM
- Ternium Mexico HSM, CRM
- Ternium Siderar, Argentina HSM, CRM
and many others…..
Romani Industrial Knife applications
Industrial Knife applications
- Hot Strip mill knives
- Pendulum Shear Knives
- Cold Rolling mill knives
- Slitting Line knives and tools (light weight spacers for injury reduction)
- Plate Mill knives
- Knives for long product mills
Liners and Wear Plates
- Housing liners
- Back up roll chocks liners
- Work roll chock liners
- Rocker plates
- Sliding liners made in different alloys
- Bottom liners
- Shifting Blocks
- Top Liners
- Romani has developed a non-cladded double hardness liner, high wear resistance on the outer hard side of the plate (Induction hardened surface) and vibration and shock absorption on the soft unhardened side.
- Bottom liners are made of stainless steel to prevent corrosion.
- Non-cladded liner designs are free of any internal stresses thus allowing for onsite thickness adjustment and they maintain a high degree of flatness tolerances (0.03 mm)
- Romani is ISO 9001 certified
- Romani products are all subject to strict controls before shipment.
- All products undergo dimensional control by means of 3-D measuring equipment, hardness control and surface finishing control.
- Non-destructive tests results such as die penetrating and UT are available upon request.
- Romani products are all properly packaged and stored in degassed wooden boxes, suitable for long distance transport and storage.